We're often asked how to get rid of seagulls on your roof or boat. Seagull spikes can have a powerful deterrent effect helping to keep nuisance seagulls away. They can be installed on buildings, ledges, boats; in fact, just about anywhere.
These deterrents are also known as anti-seagull spikes, anti-bird spikes, anti roosting spikes or seagull control spikes.
How do seagull spikes prevent birds landing?
By installing seagull spikes in key roosting sites, nuisance seagulls will find it uncomfortable to land. Like all birds, gulls are fussy about where they choose to perch. They prefer somewhere up high, with excellent visibility to spot food and incoming predators.
Do seagull spikes cause pain to birds?
No. The spike tip is blunt. In fact, bird control spikes are recommended by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (R.S.P.B).
Won't the spikes look unsightly?
Anti seagull spikes are designed to have low visibility. In most situations, you'd have to be actively looking for them to spot them.
Installing seagull spikes
Seagull spikes come in two foot long sections that can be nailed, screwed or glued to a variety of different surfaces. As these are often up high, it is recommended that a professional do this for you.
- 100% effective - They deter seagulls from landing or perching on any undesired surfaces whether flat or curved. Perfect for a roof or pier.
- Flexible - Seagull spikes can be installed on roof tops, piers, ledges, windows, air-conditioning units, boats, security cameras - in fact, just about anywhere.
- Humane seagull deterrent - The spike tip is blunt causing mild discomfort, but not pain. They are recommended by the R.S.P.B.
- Highly durable deterrent - if properly installed, anti seagull spikes will last for up to twenty years. Being stainless steel, they will not rust.
- Low visibility / low profile - the spikes themselves are very thin, so when viewed from a distance, they are almost undetectable
For maximum effectiveness and durability, we would always recommend a trained professional carry out the fitting of anti-seagull spikes. The fitting of anti-bird spikes are just one of a number of bird control services offered by Hawk Force.
Use the online form for a free assessment of your seagull infestation.