Pigeons typically use the highest point of a building to roost. This allows them to spot predators and look out for potential food. If you take away this landing spot, by fitting pigeon spikes, they nearly always move on.
These devices are also known as:
anti-roosting spikes, anti-perching spikes and bird control spikes
Pigeon spikes come in two foot long sections that can be nailed, screwed or glued to a variety of different surfaces.
Key advantages of pigeon spikes
- 100% effective - they deter pigeons from landing or perching on any undesired surfaces whether flat or curved
- Flexible - pigeon spikes can be installed on roof tops, ledges, windows, air-conditioning units, security cameras - in fact, just about anywhere
- Humane - contrary to what the name "pigeon spikes" suggests, they do not skewer pigeons upon landing! Anti bird spikes flex, causing discomfort, but not pain. Anti-bird spikes are recommended by the R.S.P.B.
- Highly Durable - if properly installed, pigeon spikes will last for up to twenty years. They will not rust
- Low visibility / low profile - the spikes themselves are very thin, so when viewed from a distance, they are almost undetectable
For maximum effectiveness and durability, we would always recommend a trained professional carry out the fitting of pigeon control spikes. Wikipedia offer a full definition of bird control spikes.
Use the enquiry form for a free assessment of your pigeon infestation.